Ways to Give

There are many ways to support students at Edgewood College in their pursuit of being a community of learners committed to building a just and compassionate world.

Online, Mail, Phone

Visit https://www.edgewood.edu/give/give-now to use our secure online giving form to give by credit or debit card.

If you would like to mail in a check, please download this form to include with your gift. Gifts can be mailed to Office for Institutional Advancement, Edgewood College, 1000 Edgewood College Drive, Madison WI 53711.

Credit card gifts may be made by calling the Office for Institutional Advancement at 608-663-3328. Advancement staff are available to answer any questions you may have about your gift.

Payroll Donation

Payroll deduction gifts are automatically debited from faculty & staff payroll each pay period. Tax receipts are delivered to benefactors annually for the cumulative gifts in a calendar year. Complete this form to initiate a recurring gift through payroll deduction to an area of your choosing.

For answers to questions or to set up a payroll deduction with special instructions, please contact Abby Bjerke, Director of Annual Giving & Alumni Relations, at 608-663-2309.

Matching Gifts & Gifts in Kind

Many companies match gifts made by current employees, retirees and spouses, and may help you double or even triple your gift to Edgewood College. For help finding appropriate matching gift documentation, please Erin Boris, Advancement Services Director, at 608-663-2377.

The College welcomes contributions in the form of goods or services. To assure proper crediting and distribution of your gift, or if you have questions about making a gift in kind, please contact Erin Boris, Advancement Services Director, at 608-663-2377

Stock Gifts

If you are considering a gift of appreciated property, such as stocks or bonds, to Edgewood College, note these financial benefits:

  • You receive a tax deduction for the full, current fair market value of the donated property.
  • There may be capital gains tax incentives for you by making a gift of stock.

Please contact Katie Vesperman, Vice President for Institutional Advancement, at 608-663-3224 with your questions and to receive stock transfer instructions.

Donate a Qualified Charitable Distribution (QCD) from a IRA

If a donor reached age 70 ½ in 2019 or earlier, or reached age 72 in 2020, individuals generally must take minimum required distributions from their individual retirement account (IRA). The IRA Charitable Rollover is a simple method of charitable giving that allows benefactors to direct gifts of up to $100,000 from their IRA directly to a qualified charity, like Edgewood College.

 What are the benefits?

  • Support a qualified charity without increasing taxable income
  • Satisfy the required minimum distribution (RMD) requirements of an IRA, up to $100,000
  • Gifts go to work right away

Who qualifies?

  • Those who reached 70 ½ years of age in 2019 or earlier, or reached age 72 in 2020 who have an IRA
  • No income threshold or cutoff

Are there limitations on gifting from IRAs?

  • Gifts must go directly from the IRA to the charity (benefactors can’t take a distribution and then write a check).
  • To receive tax benefits, a rollover/distribution must be made by December 31. Future distributions will be tax deductible for the year in which they occur.
  • To prevent double benefit, no corresponding charitable income tax deduction is allowed.

Which charities qualify and which don’t?

  • A 501(c)3 charity like Edgewood College does qualify
  • Donor Advised Funds and Private Foundations do NOT qualify

For more information on how qualified charitable distributions can support Edgewood College, please contact Jennifer Stewart, Director of Leadership Giving & Planned Gifts, at 608-663-6813.

Make a Planned Gift

Planned gifts are a way for you to tie your legacy with that of Edgewood College. For more information about how planned gifts can support our work, please visit the Planned Giving page or contact Jennifer Stewart, Director of Leadership Giving & Planned Gifts, at 608-663-6813.

Donate via a Donor-Advised Fund (DAF)

A donor-advised fund is like a charitable investment account, for the sole purpose of supporting charitable organizations you care about. When you contribute cash, securities or other assets to a donor-advised fund at a public charity, you are generally eligible to take an immediate tax deduction. Then those funds can be invested for tax-free growth and you can recommend grants to any IRS-qualified public charity, including Edgewood College.

Contact the administrator of your donor-advised fund to make a gift to Edgewood College (EIN: 39-0806202), or contact Jennifer Stewart, Director of Leadership Giving & Planned Gifts, at 608-663-6813 for more information about how to give via a donor-advised fund.