Graduate International Student Admission Requirements
If you any questions, our Admissions team is ready to assist you through the application process. Please contact Joann Eastman - firstname.lastname@example.org or call 608-663-3250.
Fall (August) Admission: May 1
Spring (January) Admission: November 1
Documents must be official; photocopies, scanned or email documents will NOT be reviewed or accepted. All documents should be mailed or delivered to:
Undergraduate Admissions Office
1000 Edgewood College Dr.
Madison, WI 53711 USA
Graduate students applying to Edgewood College will need to complete the following steps to be considered for admission:
1. Apply for Admission:
- Students must submit an International Graduate Application
- Submit an application fee of thirty US dollars ($30.00). This fee is non-refundable.
- Submit a color copy of identity/photo page from your passport. If attending with spouse or child(ren), we will need copies of their passports as well.
2. Proof of English Language Proficiency
Applicants must prove English proficiency by submitting ONE of the following documents:
- TOEFL (www.toefl.org) score of 79 or higher on the internet-based test (IBT) or 550 or higher on the paper-based test.
- IELTS (www.ielts.org) score of 6.0 or higher.
- A transcript demonstrating 24 credits of successful U.S. academic coursework. (ESL courses not applicable.)
- Completing 700-level coursework at WESLI (Wisconsin English Language Institute www.wesli.com)
3. Submit Previous Education Records
- Official copies of all college/university transcripts and certified translations into English of all transcripts not originally in English.
- Transcripts from institutions outside of the U.S. must be reviewed by an approved international credential evaluator. Please request a detailed course-by-course evaluation from Educational Credential Evaluators (www.ece.org) or World Education Service (www.wes.org).
- Post-secondary degree must meet the cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. Averages below 2.75 will be reviewed and considered for admission on a case-by-case basis.
4. Program Requirements
Individual programs have their own specific admission requirements. Submit the international application and transcripts as indicated in items 1 and 3 above, but you will also need to visit the admission requirements page of the program you're interested in to review the additional requirements for that program:
Master of Arts in Education
Doctorate in Educational Leadership
Master of Business Administration (and MBA-HCA and MS-Accountancy)
MS-Organizational Leadership & Change
Master of Science in Nursing
Doctor of Nursing Practice in Executive Leadership
Master of Science in Marriage and Family Therapy
Master of Arts in Sustainability Leadership
5. Certification of Finances/I 20 Process (J-1 or F-1 Visa).
Graduate students requesting an I 20 (J-1 or F-1 Visa) for the 2018 -2019 school year should be able to demonstrate the ability to pay at least $33,849 USD per year. Please not that this amount is an estimate and is subject to change at any time.
|Tuition and Fees||$17,334|
|Housing and Meals||$9,990|
|Other (books, insurance, misc.)||$6,615|
|Total (if no dependents)|
($8,000 additional for each dependent)
Financial Document Requirements:
- Must be original letters or statements from a financial institution with original ink signatures and stamps
- Must be written in English or accompanied by official English translation and indicate unit of currency.
- Must include both the sponsor’s name and student’s name exactly as it appears on student’s application.
- Must be dated within six months of application date.
- If student's name is NOT listed on financial document, a signed Financial Affidavit is required.
- If financial statement are in the student's name, no additional documentation is required.
Students should request additional original documents to present to the U.S. Consulate or Embassy when requesting a student visa, and to present to immigration officials when entering the United States.
Although Edgewood College offers on-campus employment opportunities, it is necessary that each student evaluates the cost of attending Edgewood College and is prepared to finance it totally. Tuition and fees for each term must be paid in full prior to beginning classes.