Student Service Specialist –
Edgewood Central (Part-Time)
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
This dynamic position directly impacts student service and is the first point of contact for Financial Aid, Registration, and Student Accounts. This position requires analyzing student accounts, and providing counseling to resolve both simple and complex questions within Edgewood Central with only minimal supervisory guidance. It is also responsible for managing voicemail, email correspondence, updating forms and coordinating mass communications to students.
- Counsel prospective, current and former students one-on-one in order to identify financing options and assist with simple and complex problems involving financial aid information and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Answer student questions regarding registration for classes and add/drop activity via phone, email, or in-person. This involves monitoring email accounts and voice mail boxes numerous times per day to address all inquiries in a timely manner.
- Partner with college colleagues to resolve student issues as needed.
- Process a variety of forms related to students’ registration, billing and financial aid. This involves being cognizant of all enrollment and financial deadlines for every type of student to ensure that transactions are processed correctly.
- Adhere to all FERPA (Family Education and Privacy Act) regulations in all job aspects.
- Has authority to implement and review changes and make exceptions to students’ records including adjusting late fees and resolving problems on student account billing statements and financial transactions.
- Research and analyze current processes and continuously improve services to students in all areas represented by Edgewood Central. In addition, provides metrics in order to measure the success of student satisfaction
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS – SPECIALTY
- Manage the distribution of financial aid awards both via paper and electronically including organizing and creating associated materials.
- Partner with student employees on the document imaging process for Edgewood Central which includes developing systematic review to ensure accuracy.
- Coordinate and facilitate mass communication and outreach via email, text, and automated caller to students with missing information/documents.
- Serve as the Tuition Exchange Assistant and aid with review process and tracking.
- Verify enrollments and degrees for outside agencies & loan deferments.
- Process readmission records.
- Update Edgewood Central forms at least annually with close attention to detail.
- Perform independent special projects and provide assistance for day-to-day processing in Edgewood Central when needed.
- Keep up to date with college, departmental and professional (federal and state) changes in the field.
Work Schedule/Pay Range:
This is a part time 20-24 hour per week position with scheduling flexibility between the hours of 8am - 4:30pm Monday-Friday. Preference is given to candidates that have morning availability. Salary commensurate with experience and within the approximate range of $15.50-$17.50/hour.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or three years of administrative work experience required
- At least 2 years of experience in customer service with the ability to react to customers quickly, accurately, and compassionately
- Student financial aid, registration, student accounts receivable experience preferred
- Preference for a bilingual candidate with the ability to write and speak in Spanish proficiently
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team member
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make independent decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to adapt to and welcome interruptions in a positive and friendly manner
Required Technology Skills:
- Overall Proficient skill-level in Microsoft Office, which includes: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and basic computer concepts
- Experience with Powerfaids and Jenzabar EX is preferred
- Willingness and ability to learn new software
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence – the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values – truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – SSRS
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer