DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
The Prospect Manager is part of the Advancement Team at Edgewood College and is a key individual contributor responsible for providing focus and leadership for the College’s major gifts program, working closely with major gift fundraisers on the advancement, implementation, tracking and revision of strategies for major gifts.
The Prospect Manager, Major Gifts will possess a clear understanding of the College’s philanthropic priorities and lead the effort to increase the pipeline for the College’s major gifts. Focus on prospect pools and pipelines through managing relationships with a portfolio of fundraising and engagement teams. Work collaboratively with appropriate advancement staff members whenever prospective major gift donors have giving interests in multiple areas.
Coordinate prospect management policies and procedures. In conjunction with the Advancement Services Director, produce and distribute reports analyzing data within the prospect management system. Act as project manager on fundraising portfolio review requests at the individual and team levels.
The Advancement Department assists Edgewood College in securing the resources that are required to achieve its mission and goals. The Department is responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of individuals and organizations whose charitable objectives are consistent with those of Edgewood College’s teaching and research programs.
- Provide guidance to gift officers on portfolio management and works closely with them to ensure they are effectively moving prospects through the fundraising pipelines.
- Work collaboratively with the college’s major gift officers and Advancement Services Director to formulate strategies, planning and executing projects, and providing prospect information to enhance the pool of prospective individual donors.
- Develop new fundraising portfolios designed to realize the potential of assigned teams' constituent pools, prospect pools, and proposal pipelines
- Coordinate with Prospect Researcher on prospect review meetings with the Major Gift Officers to ensure an understanding of prospect management goals/objectives, consult on strategy and provide prospect management updates.
- Collaborate with Advancement Services Director to identify previously undetected prospects for the college; develop strategies to effectively target new major gift prospects and distribute to Major Gift Officers for cultivation and solicitation. Track and evaluate Officer’s activity on major gift referrals.
- Collaborate appropriately with advancement colleagues as prospective major gift donors have giving interests in multiple areas.
- Possess a sophisticated working knowledge of the needs of Major Gift Officers and the advancement process.
- Ensure compliance with prospect management policies and procedures while maintaining integrity of prospect management system.
- Demonstrate a solid, detailed knowledge of the College’s prospect pool, prospect management business processes, and the proper use and function of prospect information in the database.
- Recommend changes to enhance innovation, objectives and goals of prospect management.
- Review all prospect management requests for assignment in liaison areas
- Lead prospect management system orientation/training for new Advancement employees
- Proactively initiate projects designed to discover and analyze new and emerging prospect segments
- Use data visualization techniques as required to analyze and describe groups of prospects or constituents
- Manage the planning and execution of projects related to analysis of fundraising teams portfolios. Assist DAR senior leadership with analysis on overall portfolio movement, health and viability.
- In conjunction with the Advancement Services Director, develop and prepare monthly reports for leadership team to track major gift prospect activity.
- Direct the prospect tracking and moves management program for highly rated prospects by reviewing/analyzing contact reports, changes in prospect records and proposal status.
- Provide prospect management oversight on wealth screening results/analysis, including pool analysis, distribution, tracking and follow-up of potential highly screened prospects to the Major Gift Officers.
- Ensure accuracy of appropriate prospect stages and proposal statuses in database by working closely with the Major Gift Officers.
This position does not have supervisory responsibility and reports administratively and functionally to the Advancement Services Director.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree is necessary
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Two years of relevant experience, or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and ability to carry out the essential functions of the job is necessary
- Must possess strong customer service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are essential
- Advancement/Development and Alumni Relations experience preferred
- Frontline fundraising experience preferred
- Ability to manage/maintain prospect management system and ensure compliance with policies/procedures
- Exceptional understanding of relational databases and related coding languages
- Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge experience a plus
- High level of fluency with Microsoft Excel
- Must possess strong organizational skills, and be detail oriented with a demonstrated ability to prioritize multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a goal-oriented team environment
- Prior experience working within higher education Advancement/Development is preferred
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
Initial review of applications will begin 1/11/2019.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – PSMN
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer