Operations Specialist and IT Project Coordinator
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Provides vendor management, communication, purchasing, administrative, project coordination, and operational support for the Director of Information Technology and other areas of the Information Technology Services Office.
- Directs IT vendor management.
- Relationship Management.
- Assistance with Issue Resolution.
- Purchases and acquires IT equipment and services.
- Tracks and audits equipment inventories, software licensing, support contracts and warranties.
- Processes, monitors, and maintains accounting, purchasing, inventory, and contract-related information for the office.
- Processes material returns and tracks credits.
- Enters and maintains information in office databases and other web-based information resources.
- Manages projects as assigned by the Director of Information Technology.
- Assists in the management and improvement of operational processes.
- Assists the Director in ITSO budget management.
- IT purchases.
- Annual software licensing renewals.
- Training and development management.
- Organize conference and training scheduling and travel coordination for ITSO team members.
- Plan and/or coordinate ITSO events, appointments, and meetings as requested.
- Assist with the overall activities and office work of the Information Technology Services Office as required.
- Manages internal IT policies and information libraries.
- Creates and maintains documentation of policies and procedures relating to the office, both internal and external.
- Creates and maintains of various flow and process charts.
- Organizes and maintains office records, both electronic and paper.
- Creates and edits IT-related communication to the College on behalf of the IT Services Office.
- Directly supervises administrative student employee(s) (usually 1 student worker).
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Customer service experience or office coordination experience preferred.
- Vendor management experience, or experience in conducting purchasing and inventory activities.
- Comfort or experience working with or within an Information Technology department.
- Undergraduate or Associates degree, or equivalent experience, preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Basic project management skills.
- Understanding of process mapping and process flow diagramming.
- Ability to use a content management system or other tools to update public website information (no programming required).
- Proofreading, editing, and technical writing skills preferred.
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – OSIT
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer