Lecturer and Coordinator of Community Outreach
DESCRIPTION OF JOB
This is a full-time (academic year) Lecturer and Coordinator of Community Outreach position in the School of Education’s Doctoral Program at Edgewood College. The position requires both a teaching and administrative load determined by the Director of the Doctoral program in collaboration with the candidate. Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to provide leadership to the program in these areas. To accomplish this, we believe the position needs a transformational leader with the ability to increase the enrollment of diverse doctoral students and to provide the needed mentorship to ensure the success of these new students.
- Teach any of these six (6) credit courses with topics such as Leadership, Diversity and Inclusion, Policy, Law, Media, Marketing, as needed. Courses are taught either in a blended format or completely online.
- Participate in doctoral program governance, advise doctoral students, and participate in dissertation committees as a faculty representative.
- Work collaboratively with the program leadership and faculty on course syllabus.
- Participate in faculty professional development.
- Communicate student concerns and needs to program leadership.
- Attend Doctoral Program staff meetings.
- As the Coordinator of Community Outreach the candidate is expected to cultivate community contacts, partnerships and similar initiatives that may result in a pipeline of diverse candidates for the doctoral program.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
Education: Terminal Degree, preferably in Educational Leadership
- Experience in teaching graduate courses at the doctoral level.
- Willingness to direct and advise graduate student dissertation research.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations and launching community educational and cultural programs.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Commitment, energy, and capacity to successfully manage multiple tasks.
- Track record of establishing partnerships with organizations of color in their community.
- Active in the community and engaging in public service opportunities.
- Experience in mentoring diverse students.
- Superior time management and organizational skills; extreme attention to detail.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Multicultural competence including awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways.
- Able to collaborate with others.
- Ability to work independently while meeting deadlines.
- Overall proficient skill-level in Microsoft Office, which includes: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and basic computer concepts.
- Willingness and ability to learn new software as needed.
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the Mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – CCOU
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer