IT Project Manager
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
This position provides high-quality and timely planning, design, and implementation for enterprise-level hardware and software technologies in use by the faculty, staff, and students at Edgewood College. The position uses best practice methods, as defined by College policies and industry standards, in pursuit of the improvement of the academic environment and administrative processes.
Manage technology projects to enhance the student experience and optimize administrative efficiency. Ensure projects meet desired goals, are completed on time, and remain within budget.
- Coordinate external vendor relationships and services to achieve necessary project objectives.
- Provide exceptional coordination and support for cross-departmental, enterprise-level, technology project implementations.
- Provide excellent project planning and documentation, communication, risk assessment and mitigation, and resource management throughout the project life cycle.
- Collaborate extensively with all levels of College administration, faculty, staff, and students to define the scope, timeline, and budget for managed projects.
Establish appropriate policies and procedures for effective technology project management throughout the project management lifecycle.
- Ensure the project management process follows industry best practices and remains current through continual service improvement.
- Collaborate with members of the Information Technology department and College community to ensure process consistency in the management of projects on campus.
- Develop tools and templates to support project management.
Manage the Information Technology Services Office project portfolio, including past, present, and future projects.
- Assist with communication to enhance project portfolio visibility.
- Engage with management to develop strategies for project resource management.
Assist with the overall activities and office work of the Information Technology Services Office as required.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- An undergraduate degree and minimum of 2-3 years related experience in project management; an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience with project management software and tools.
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite, or similar products.
- Knowledge in the preparation of process and information flow charts.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to analyze information for accuracy and suggest improvements in processing to improve information flow, quality, and timeliness.
Specialized Technology Skills:
- Knowledge in PMBOK project management methodologies, with a PMI certification preferred.
- Knowledge of ITIL/ITSM
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and to manage workload so that information is processed on a timely basis and deadlines are met.
- Ability to learn independently and grow in a dynamically changing environment.
- Ability to manage, coordinate and maintain multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work some flexible hours to accommodate varying workload, as requested by the Director of Information Technology.
- Strong customer service focus.
- Ability to process confidential information in a professional manner.
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – ITPM
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer