Internship and Career Development Coordinator
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Under supervision of the Director of Career Development, the Internship and Career Development Coordinator position uses independent analysis to develop and coordinate complex and varied administrative tasks in order to provide and enhance participation in internship and career development experiences to the campus community. The position encompasses two distinct areas of responsibility: internship development and coordinator, employer relations and student/academic department relations.
Internship Development and Coordination:
- Provide support in the on-going development and implementation of internship programming
- Work collaboratively with faculty and administration to create policies and procedures for ensuring the academic quality and integrity of internships.
- Assist the Director of Career Development in ongoing employer relations.
- Initiate and build partnerships with employers to develop student opportunities for experiential internship opportunities.
Department Coordination, Assessment, and Technology:
- Maintain and develop functionality of the career management system
- Monitor and manage the use and utilization of an internship management system
- Contribute to the development of internship tracking and assessment practices
- Facilitate evaluation and coordination of events and practices
Marketing and Communication:
- Foster in development and expansion of communications and social media presence aimed at students, faculty and staff, alumni and employers to promote internships and career development opportunities.
- Provide optimal marketing to connect students to internship and job opportunities as well as advertising special events
- Develop an internship manual and promotional material and updates as needed
- Assist production of program material and informational publications
Process, Procedures and Programming:
- Facilitate internship and career development event logistics
- Support on-going operational calendar.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum two years professional experience related to the coordination of internship programs, career development, human resources, or academic/career counseling
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent organizational skills
- Effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to research and quickly develop knowledge of employer recruiting strategies, job market trends, occupational, career and personal growth
- Must be a self-starter and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of, and commitment to, the college mission and student population
Specialized Technology Skills:
- Proficiency with incorporating the use of technology to deliver internship and career development coordination services
- Computer literate including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, and social media tools
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
Applications must be submitted by December 31, 2018.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – ICDC2
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer