Graphic Designer – LTE
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Edgewood College is seeking a 12-month, part-time, limited term, Graphic Designer to work up to 19 hours per week (flexible).
This position is responsible for the design and production of Edgewood College marketing materials, including (but not limited to) a wide variety of printed materials, advertising, web-ready graphics, and signage. The Graphic Designer reports to the Creative Director.
Design and Production
- Provide high-quality design and production services.
- Work closely with the Creative Director and the rest of the Marketing and Strategic Communications team to design and create Edgewood College marketing collateral, signage, web graphics, and other materials for various offices and departments across campus.
- Produce creative which adheres to the College brand standards.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design.
- Portfolio that demonstrates advanced design proficiency across multiple media.
- Experience in project management.
- Minimum of one year experience in design.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to design and produce high quality materials, including brochures, postcards and posters.
- Ability to excel in a deadline-driven, multiple-project environment.
- Ability to adhere to guidelines for publications and marketing materials.
- Ability to work through projects from concept to completion with minimal supervision.
- Excellent project management skills, organizational skills, and oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
Specialized Technology Skills:
- Knowledge of MAC and PC systems.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite.
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – GPDS
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer