Shuttle Bus Driver- LTE
Description of Job
This position is responsible for operating 26 passenger buses and 12 passenger vans as a part of the College Transportation Program. Most of the operation is dependent on predetermined routes and times. Primary riders include the students, faculty, and staff of the college.
This position is for Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays from 8:00 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. during the academic year and is a Limited Term Employment (LTE) position. We will consider applicants who are willing to work 2 weekends per month (shared), or 4 weekends per month (primary driver).
Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute to the College’s strategic plan of inclusion.
- Provide safe, customer friendly transportation to off campus shuttle lots, the downtown area, shopping centers and a variety of other locations.
- Responsible for ensuring vehicles are in a safe working condition prior to each operation. Any problems should be reported immediately to the Campus Transportation Office.
- In charge of refueling the vehicle when needed to ensure the next shift will be able to operate without time delay.
- Responsible for clearing debris from the shuttle at the end of each shift. Anything of value left on the shuttle should be turned into the Security Department’s lost and found section.
- If an accident should occur, the driver is responsible for all accident reporting.
- Drivers may be asked to drive the shuttle for various college functions outside the normally assigned work hours.
- Responsible for prompt pickup and drop off service.
- Drivers are required to act in accordance with all State of Wisconsin driving regulations.
- Drivers are expected to provide courteous service and assist the Transportation Department in actively promoting the shuttle program.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Each driver must have a clear Wisconsin Driver’s License with a Commercial Driver License (CDL) endorsement to operate the larger shuttle.
- Criminal background checks of applicants will be performed.
- Demonstrated multicultural competency.
- Prior shuttle or passenger van driving experience is preferred but not mandatory.
- Drivers must pass a pre-employment physical and may be required to pass on a nonscheduled drug screening tests (Federal DOT Requirement).
- Drivers must be free of any known medical condition that would prohibit them for the operation of a motor vehicle.
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources –SBD1
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer