Program Specialist/Outreach Coordinator for ABSN Program
Description of Job
The Program Specialist/Outreach Coordinator is responsible for undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral program support within the Henry Predolin School of Nursing (SoN). Primarily, the program specialist/outreach coordinator is responsible for enrollment management and administering all aspects of the Post Baccalaureate BSN and AND-MSN programs for the SoN. Operating under the auspices of the Dean and the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs, this position leads student recruitment efforts, coordinates student advising and academic services, and assists in all aspects of program planning and implementation.
- Develop comprehensive recruitment plan that generates a strong and diverse applicant pool of aspiring nursing students.
- Implement basic marketing tasks such as managing basic social media content to positively impact enrollment, ensure basic web updates to SoN website.
- Coordinate admission process.
- Serve as initial point of contact for questions for admitted students regarding nursing requirements including CNA license, uniform requirements and program schedule.
- Serve as intake coordinator for applications received through NursingCAS.
- Meet with students regarding program-specific questions.
- Attend recruitment events.
- Coordinates academic activities and services within assigned programs.
- Provides linkages in the SoN between all BSN-granting programs to promote consistency and coordination in efforts across programs.
- Performs advising and teaching roles as assigned.
- Assists Associate Deans of assigned programs and SoN Dean with fulfilling accreditation requirements.
- Provides coordination of program planning for assigned programs.
- Communicates and coordinates effectively with faculty and staff in the programs and the SoN.
- Serves as the programs’ advocate within the SoN.
- Collaborates with the SoN Assessment Committee and Undergraduate Curriculum Committee to plan assessment activities, using data for program quality improvement.
- Facilitates faculty and staff development efforts.
- Enhances visibility of the program on and off campus.
- Works closely with faculty/staff within the School of Nursing in tracking student retention and progress.
- Assists in marketing and recruitment for students/faculty for new and existing programs.
- Support existing strategic partnerships and assist in the establishment of new partnerships.
- Build effective external partnerships.Network and travel regionally to build/expand on exiting beneficial relationship.
- Identify target markets and community partnerships through market research, data analysis, and relationship cultivation to build successful new enrollment pipelines.
- Develop relationships between Edgewood College the wider community. Facilitate development, implementation, and annual assessment of recruitment plan for assigned programs.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree and experience in working in an academic setting.
- Experience working with faculty development and working with administrative personnel.
- Possess public and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead through collaborative decision-making and ability to work effectively with internal and external constituents.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing, Education, or related field.
- Successful record of leadership and accomplishment in areas such as: negotiating between faculty, students and parents with academic concerns; strategic planning; faculty leadership; administration of exemplary academic programs with success in improving educational outcomes and student retention.
- Experience integrating communication, technology, and information resources into teaching and other operations of the college.
- Demonstrated success in attracting and retaining students from under-represented populations.
- Demonstrated success in attracting and retaining novice faculty and faculty from under-represented groups.
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - PONS
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer