Lecturer - Quantitative Research Methods
Description of Job
The Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership, within the Division of Education at Edgewood College announces one full-time faculty position with the possible consideration for a tenure track line. The Edgewood College Doctoral Program offers a 24-credit superintendent license program, a 30 credit EdD in Higher Education and Leadership Studies, and a 30 credit Doctoral Completion program.
Under general direction from the Director of Doctoral Program, the person in this position will be responsible for teaching the research sequence of courses and providing doctoral students consultation in quantitative research. The consultation is intended to confirm student adherence to pre-determined standards for dissertation research. The person in this position is available and responds to doctoral student research needs throughout the advising stage of doctoral studies by providing quality service and follow-up. This position serves as the primary quantitative research faculty for the online and distance learners in the program. This position does not require daily presence at the physical campus, but does require the employee to work full-time and fulfill all job responsibilities outlined in this description utilizing distance connection technology.
Teach the online sections of Consumer of Research (3cr), Quantitative Research Foundations (3 cr), Advanced Quantitative Research Methods (3 cr), Applied Quantitative Research Methods (3 cr), and Quantitative Data Analysis (3 cr) for the doctoral program over 12 months.
Serve as dissertation advisor to 8-10 doctoral students per year.
Serve as faculty representative on assigned doctoral student committees.
Meet with doctoral students to advise them on quantitative survey design, data collection, irb submission, and data analysis.
Collaborate with the Director of the Doctoral Research and Writing Center to develop quantitative data analysis workshops offered via WebEx.
For students conducting quantitative studies, review their research proposal documents prior to presentation to assure coherence of research design.
Participate as a member of the doctoral faculty collaborative.
Attend doctoral faculty meetings via WebEx.
Participate in regularly scheduled research team meetings and scholars’ retreats using WebEx.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Doctorate in Education Research, Educational Psychology. Educational Leadership, or other relevant field.
- Experience teaching quantitative research methods and basic, applied statistics. Experience teaching in a synchronous, online environment. Experience with doctoral dissertation design and completion; Experience and expertise using online course management and interactive systems, particularly Blackboard and WebEx
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of statistical analysis tools and their use in quantitative research in education
- Knowledge of quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods research designs
- Knowledge of research requirements for dissertations
- Knowledge of education research tools (SPSS, mPlus, etc.) and their application to dissertations
- Proven analytical and investigative skills, particularly related to research data
- Commitment, energy, and capacity to successfully manage multiple tasks
- Superior time management and organizational skills; extreme attention to detail
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - LQRM
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer