Graduate Assistant - School of Library and Information Studies
Description of Job
Edgewood College’s Oscar Rennebohm Library has graduate assistant positions available for Masters candidates in Library Science as an Evening Reference/Interlibrary Loan Assistant. Primary hours for the 20-hour per week position are Monday through Friday mostly evenings, Saturday 12pm to 4pm, and Sunday evenings (some flexibility may be possible). Employment begins in August 2022.See testimonials from pervious graduate assistants at https://library.edgewood.edu/graduate-assistant-testimonials
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Currently enrolled in an ALA-accredited Library and Information Studies program
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Able to work independently and collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Possess excellent problem solving, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Exhibit excellent communication skills, and a strong, proactive service orientation
- Understand user comfort levels with technology and employ teaching concepts related to the adult learner
- Highly flexible with ability to thrive in a fast-paced and continually changing environment.
- Able to troubleshoot computers and/or software applications
- Fun with a good sense of humor.
Required Technical Skills
- Familiar with online circulation and catalog systems (Experience with Innovative system is a plus.)
- Familiar with Interlibrary loan ( Experience with ILLiad and OCLC WorldShare Interlibrary Loan a plus)
- Experience with or desire to learn screencasting applications (Captivate, Camtasia, Jing, etc.)
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources –GASL
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer