Graduate Assistant - Evening/Weekend Library Assistant
Description of Job
Edgewood College’s Oscar Rennebohm Library has graduate assistant positions available for Edgewood College Graduate students as an Evening/Weekend Library Assistant. Primary hours for the 20-hour per week position are Monday through Thursday evenings 4-11pm and Saturday 12pm to 4pm (some flexibility may be possible).Salary: $4000 per semester or 3-6 credits Tuition Remission
- Provide customized information services (ready reference, point-of-use-instruction, on-line questions, scheduled research consultation)
- Supervise student assistants
- Close the library 2-3 evenings a week and Saturdays
- Troubleshoot electronic hardware and software in public service areas (refer more complex problems to the appropriate computer services staff member).
- Additional special projects will be assigned based on candidate’s interest, knowledge, & experience.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Currently enrolled in an Edgewood College Graduate program
- Able to work independently and collaboratively in a team-based environment
- Highly flexible with the ability to thrive in a fast-paced and continually changing environment
- Familiar with library research
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Possess excellent problem solving, multi-tasking, and organizational skills
- Exhibit excellent communication skills, and a strong, proactive service orientation
- Understand user comfort levels with technology and employ teaching concepts related to the adult learner
- Able to troubleshoot computers and/or software applications
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - ERIL
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer