Enterprise Application Developer and DBA
Description of Job
We have an immediate opening for an Enterprise Application Developer and DBA to create and maintain data driven processes and integrations between our main MSSQL based ERP system and the enterprise level applications of the college. The ideal candidate is hard working, analytical and willing to learn new skills. This individual will have an opportunity to engage in projects that span the entire service lifecycle and see the direct impacts of their work. They will join a small team that focuses on using industry best practices to create and enhance processes that support both our academic and administrative environments.
- Develop and maintain college-wide database, web, reporting, and informational technologies, that support the data integration and automated processes of primary and secondary enterprise resource systems.
- Create and maintain the following:
- MSSQL stored procedures, triggers, functions and views for both process and reporting purposes
- Microsoft C# .Net based API integrations with third party applications and maintenance of internal custom applications
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS) packages for ETL integration and data warehousing.
- Powershell based integrations and automations
- HTML, Java, JQuery, CSS, etc. components that are used as a part of the college’s ERP system and web form technologies
- Collaborate as required with all levels of the Office and College Faculty and Staff to develop, program, improve and support enterprise-level application technologies to the benefit of our academic and administrative environments.
- Create process proposals and change requests for new or modified services
- Application support for Student Information System and related enterprise applications.
- Process incidents and requests escalated to the team in accordance with office policies and procedures to ensure overall quality of IT services for the College.
- Provide cross-over coverage for systems operations and data backup processes in accordance with office policies and procedures to ensure overall quality of IT services for the College.
- Data Management and Reporting.
- Process requests for information from the Student Information System and or related database systems
- Process requests for mass import or manipulation of data into the Student Information System or related database systems
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of reporting and data analytics structures that support the needs of the college
- Process all levels of confidential information in a professional manner and in accordance with industry best practices and established college policies and guidelines
- Ensure that policies, procedures, standards, and appropriate recovery plans are followed to protect and secure all campus data and technology, and that proper software licensing practices are followed for all areas of the College.
- Perform project management or serve as a technical resource for the Investigation, evaluation, and implementation of all enterprise-level applications.
- Serve on committees, attend professional meetings and seminars, and provide consultative services within the College as requested by supervisors.
- Provide training for end-users on enterprise systems
- Actively pursue continuous growth and development of technical expertise.
- Assist in the documentation of new and existing processes and custom coding in accordance with office policies
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Degree in Information Technology Systems or related professional experience.
- Three years of experience in enterprise-level application support for information technology systems in a professional organization with emphasis on web-enabled database-driven technologies.
- Experience with process analysis.
- Experience assisting users in implementing “Best Practice” use of technology
- Experience with current core technologies in use at Edgewood College:
- Microsoft Active Directory
- Microsoft SQL Server development and management
- Business Intelligence concepts and technologies (OLAP, ETL, etc.)
- Automation, reporting and scripting techniques (T-SQL, PowerShell, SSRS, etc.)
- Microsoft IIS administration
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft .NET programming (C# preferred)EAP
- Subversion or related source/version control software
- Reporting software: Sybase Infomaker, SSRS, PowerBI
- VMWare virtualized server environments
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and coordinate with individuals from other offices to accomplish required tasks and objectives.
- Ability to learn independently and grow in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to balance workday between multiple projects and respond immediately to support requests from staff
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources –EAPD
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer