Director of the Center for Student Success
Description of Job
Academic Support Services
- Direct general learning support and academic retention services.
- Work with the Enrollment Management area to facilitate the transition of students from admission to academic engagement.
- Recruit, develop, supervise, and evaluate academic advisors.
- Direct services and outreach for at-risk students, including conditionally admitted students, students on probation, and reinstated students.
- Teach courses that enhance academic success, with a maximum of three credits per semester.
- Provide leadership for developmental education programs, including current programs in math, English, study skills, and career preparation.
- With relevant academic departments, coordinate, develop, and evaluate developmental education programs.
- With the assistance of relevant academic departments, recruit, train, and evaluate faculty and staff supporting developmental education programs.
Faculty and Staff Development
- Direct training for staff and faculty providing academic success services.
Other duties as assigned by the Provost
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Graduate degree in an appropriate field of study.
- Experience in supervision and program management.
- Experience working with academically at-risk students.
- Proven teaching and mentoring skills.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Strong leadership skills.
- Knowledge of best practices in developmental education.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong planning, organizational, and data management skills.
- Ability to work effectively with students of varying abilities.
- Skill in fostering independent learning in students.
- Ability to handle opportunities and challenges with creativity and determination.
Specialized Technology Skills:
- Knowledge of Jenzabar and Blackboard preferred.
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - DCSS
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer