Coordinator for MVI Programming and Administrative Assistant for Mission, Values, and Inclusion
Description of Job
The Coordinator for Mission, Values, and Inclusion provides administrative support to the Interim Chief Diversity Officer, the Interim Chief Mission, and Ministry Officer and to the division of Mission, Values, and Inclusion. Responsibilities may include but are not limited to maintaining the office records and supplies; creation of college-wide communication; publications of liturgy worship aids, reflection booklets and resource materials; internal calendar posting and marketing for programming, events, liturgies and services; creating calendar invites and taking meeting notes for the Interim Chief Diversity Officer and the Interim Chief for Mission and Ministry Officer; assisting in communication with the wider college community and providing administrative and operational support for all MVI initiatives.
- Provide support to the Interim Chief Diversity Officer and the Interim Chief Mission and Ministry Officer, for Mission, Values, and Inclusion (MVI), and the division of MVI, by performing complex, specialized and confidential work by supporting the work of division leadership ranging from scheduling meetings, transcribing meeting notes, developing and distributing agenda for meetings, composing communication, and preparing of reports, following up with communication to faculty/staff and students.
- Schedules and arranges the calendar, for the Interim Chief Diversity Officer and the Interim Chief Mission and Ministry Officer and coordinates meetings between the division leadership and staff, Campus Ministry Student Leaders, faculty, staff, and students.
- Plans and coordinate departments meetings at the direction of the Interim Chief Diversity Officer and the Interim Chief Mission and Ministry Officer including MVI divisional meetings, Dominican Mission Committee, Laudato Si Committee, COR Faculty meetings, Bias Assessment Team, and other committee meetings as directed.
- Works on special projects as assigned by the division leadership.
- At the direction of the division leadership, provides administrative support as need arises to the academic program COR, and faculty teaching COR classes.
- Provides general office operational assistance to division leadership and staff, including creating technology requests, facilities requests, marketing requests, check requests, deposit slips, and reserving transportation and other venues for division wide events and initiatives.
- Monitors and tracks departmental operational budgets and provides reports to the Interim Chief. Diversity Officer and the Interim Chief Mission and Ministry Officer.
- Responsible for MVI staff credit card statements each month and keeping organized filing system.
- Organizes, maintains, and updates MVI office records including shared drives, Microsoft TEAMs/SharePoint sites, parish leadership email lists, student attendance databases, office calendar with MVI events.
- Coordinates the recording of attendance to liturgies, programming, and events.
- Provide support to division leadership related to spaces on campus, including the purchase of supplies and equipment for the Interim Chief Diversity Officer and the Interim Chief of Mission and Ministry and the division of MVI, the different MVI spaces including the Chapel, the Multicultural Student Lounge, the Queer Student Center, the Multifaith Prayer Space.
- Serves as the point of contact for Catherine’s food pantry and maintaining the space includes but not limited too- taking inventory, creating events to promote and support the food pantry, marketing materials, food drives, and conducting surveys to gage student need
- Coordinate basic Chapel plant care, consulting with College Landscape and Grounds Manager as needed, ordering supplies for liturgies (candles, ashes, hosts, etc.); arranging for Chapel banners to be changed for seasons and flower arrangements when needed; assisting in general sacristy and upper Chapel storage organizations. To accomplish these items, availability on evenings and Sundays are required.
- Oversee budget and track expenses for the Division, and other duties as assigned. Completing invoices for purchases, as well as check-requests for priests, cantors, musicians, and student leaders as necessary.
- At the direction of the divisional leadership coordinate communication related to programming, including posting Chapel services, MVI events and information to the College calendar, EC Today, Presence and appropriate email lists and websites; distributing flyers; preparing mailings as needed, and providing administrative support for our social media content.
- At the direction of the Interim Chief Diversity Officer, and in consultation with our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion administrators, coordinate communication related to DEI programming, updating of content, annual reports and marketing material.
- Draft communication materials for Division such as emails, announcements, flyers, and other materials.
- Join different committees at the direction of leadership of the division, including, Orientation committee, Eagle Enrollment support team, and other college wide events.
- Distribute office mail to the Division. Ordering labeling, arranging, and organizing of periodicals and magazine subscriptions.
- Record and deposit Sunday Eucharist offerings, Wingra jar contributions; prepare check requests as needed; record and deposit registration fees and fundraising monies. Manage check requests, invoices, credit card statements for all members of the division.
- At the direction of divisional leadership, reserve conference spaces for meetings, and events as needed and requested.
- At the direction of the divisional leadership, participate in college-wide seminar week, college assemblies and meetings, committees, and professional development.
- At the direction of the divisional leadership create and distribute flyers for programming and special events for the MVI division (Lectures, forums, special liturgical celebrations, diversity programs).
- At the direction of the Interim Chief for Mission and Ministry, assist in the preparation of worship aids for liturgies, such as Commencement, Ash Wednesday, Dominican feast days and other special celebrations.
- At the direction of the Interim Chief of Mission and Ministry, assist in the creation, editing and publishing of the College’s annual Advent and Lent reflection booklets, coordinate distribution with the Director of Campus Ministries.
- At the direction of the divisional leadership, create and edit collegewide messages for the division related to cultural heritage programs, liturgies, holidays, feast days, etc.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferred majors in Theology, Religious Studies, Philosophy, History, English or Communications.
- Basic familiarity with college or university worship community; liturgical coordination experience preferred.
- Basic familiarity with scripture, tradition, and Catholic worship; retreats and community service coordination experience preferred.
- An understanding and appreciation of the value of Catholic education.
- A support of Edgewood College’s Catholic identity and Dominican identity, including our mission, values, and commitments to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism.
- Multicultural competence and humility are needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
- Ability to compose and edit written materials, desktop publishing and photo editing. Attention to detail required.
- Ability to handle confidential or sensitive information.
- Ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions or shifting priorities.
- Appreciation of, openness to continued learning and professional development.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Basic Microsoft office skills required: word processing, data entry, file management, use of office equipment. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Adobe InDesign; Jenzabar
- Management skills: diplomacy, organization skills, ability to work independently and collaboratively. Time management, prioritizing skills, excellent oral and written communication, and customer service skills
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - CMVI
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer