Clinical Coordinator - Art Therapy
Description of Job
The Clinical Coordinator provides oversight clinical placements for students in the MA in art therapy and counseling program:
- Coordination of Clinical Placements (defined below).
- Maintain knowledge of accreditation, licensing and credentialing issues affecting counseling and art therapy.
- Maintain expertise within content and clinical areas taught as well as state of the art practices to teach graduate level courses.
- Advise students, participate in student candidate interviews and other duties as assigned.
- Participate in college committee work and engage in the responsibilities of a full-time faculty appointment.
Coordination of Clinical Placement
- Coordinates and facilitates requests for clinical placements.
- Ensures that all correspondence with clinical agencies is completed each semester including, but not limited to letters of attestation and agreement.
- Responsible for rescheduling students when clinical sites change and/or warrant reorganization.
- Responsible for ensuring all students and faculty are current, including, but not limited to, the following: health records/immunizations, background checks, agency orientations, and on-line orientations.
- Ensure agency contracts are up to date.
- Seek new placements & opportunities (suitable for achievement of SLO’s), as needed.
- Monitor placements for approvals/denials.
- Troubleshoot placement issues.
- Re-schedule placements when necessary.
- Assist with clinical orientation of new faculty.
- Review clinical site evaluations and make recommendations based on data.
- Maintain ongoing communication with clinical partners.
- Ensure that correspondence with clinical agencies is completed each semester including, but not limited to: Letters of Attestation, health records, etc.
- Collect clinical site evaluation data and provide biannual reports.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Doctorate in Counselor Education preferably from a CACREP accredited program or Doctorate in a related field in a counselor education program. In progress will be considered.
- ATR-BC (Registered and Board-Certified Art Therapist, or currently eligible for BC)
- Licensed LPC or equivalent, or license eligible in Wisconsin preferred
- Active participation in state, national, and local professional organizations
- Evidence of continuing scholarly work and competence in teaching
- Candidates must have excellent communication skills, flexibility, mature judgment, and a commitment to teaching in a creative, collaborative and values-based environment with a focus on promoting individual student success.
- A portfolio of ten pieces of artwork exhibiting mastery of media, formal qualities and intent will be submitted for review as part of the application process;
- At least three years teaching experience, preferably to include both graduate and undergraduate levels;
- Recent art therapy/counseling clinical practice; At least three years within the past ten years
- Prior experience or strong interest and demonstrated skills applicable to clinical coordination and supervision will be preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of the field of Counseling
- Knowledge of field of Art Therapy
- WI State standards for licensure
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Effective skills in teaching and mentoring
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources –CCAT
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer