Adjunct Instructor - Child Life
Description of Job
Edgewood College is seeking a part-time Adjunct Instructor to teach for Child Life graduate and undergraduate program at Edgewood College. The teaching load is determined by the Associate Dean/Director of the Child life program in collaboration with the candidate.
- Teach variable credit hours per semester, specifically in the Child life program
- Work collaboratively with the program leadership and faculty on course syllabus.
- Participate in faculty professional development.
- Communicate student concerns and needs to program leadership.
- Attend child life program staff meetings and institution meetings as deemed necessary by the Director
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Must be a Certified Child Life Specialist (CCLS) with at least 6000 Clinical Hours
- Must have graduated with a Bachelor’s in Child Life or related study
- Completed a Graduate degree in Child Life or related field
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to work independently and follow a project through to completion
- Engaged member of the Association of Child Life Professionals
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work with many types of technology, including Microsoft Office, database software, online survey tools, Skype, and social media
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - CLAI
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer