Campus Assistance Center Weekend Receptionist
Description of Job
- Work with Security and others in emergency situations to ensure the safety and well-being of faculty, staff, students, and guests.
- Assist the Campus Assistance Center Supervisor in the supervision and training of work-study students and teach them excellent customer service skills.
- Assist the Campus Assistance Center Manager in maintaining all information necessary to the operation of the Center, including faculty/staff directory, CAC manual, etc.
- Assist CAC Manager with Edgewood College fleet vehicle usage. Schedule vehicles, manage keys, track mileage, report maintenance needs to the Parking and Transportation Manager.
- Answer multi-line telephone/switchboard.
- Assist visitors and staff with parking questions, monitor the parking guest log, and assist with enforcement of campus parking rules. Issue parking permits as needed.
- Use emergency response equipment, such as the two-way radio, weather radio, and Eagle Alert software.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Ability to make independent judgments that are consistent, fair and unbiased
- Ability to relate to and communicate with a diverse group of people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Thorough knowledge of all college facilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a busy environment with multiple distractions
- Ability to accept and carry out responsibilities
- Computer skills: Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Experience with Share Point a plus
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources –CAWR
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer