Description of Job
Evaluate Student Credentials
- Assign Edgewood equivalent course numbers and credit for courses on college transcripts, and enter into Jenzabar. Communicate the results to the student, advisors, Admissions as appropriate.
- Determine applicability of incoming courses to the general education requirements, and flag them in the system.
- Evaluate AP credit, prior learning, and other credentials.
- Represent the office at local transfer fair events.
Support Systems Data & Functionality
- In all tasks and responsibilities, maintain the integrity and security of students’ academic records.
- Maintain expert knowledge of the student information system (Jenzabar) and all periphery software packages (Feith, Ad Astra, Parchment, Modern Campus, TES, Transferology, Acadeum). This includes testing and evaluating new functionality as it is introduced by the vendors and standardized testing associated with regular upgrades.
- Create efficient and accurate business processes around the functionality in Jenzabar and periphery software packages to provide excellent service to students, faculty, and staff.
- Work collaboratively with the Registrar’s Office and Information Technology teams to identify and implement new technologies and related business process restructuring to improve services to students and campus constituencies. This work will focus on researching new functionality and/or new tools to make the office more efficient and expand the services that we provide.
- Work closely with the Information Technology team, including:
- Coordinate testing with Jenzabar upgrades
- Create reports and audit schedules using InfoMaker or other reporting tools to ensure integrity of student record data
- Troubleshoot processing issues quickly and efficiently
- Submit cases to internal IT office or vendor as appropriate to resolve identified issues
- Manage automated workflow processes and update as appropriate when business processes change
- Identify areas where automation of processes would increase efficiencies and/or improve services to students and implement those changes
- Communicate all issues, resolutions, and improvements to the Registrar’s Office staff and document appropriately.
- Submit compliance reports, as assigned by Registrar.
- Provide back-up assistance with primary tasks of other professional staff as needed.
- Be a source of information to users of Registrar’s Office technology on campus.
Supervision & Leadership
- Hire, supervise, and maintain schedules for student employees.
- In the absence of the Registrar and Associate Registrar, serve as office director to address any issues and questions that may arise.
Policy Development and Revisions
- Maintain, review, revise, develop and implement institutional academic policies.
- Serve as a FERPA resource for all campus constituencies (faculty, staff, students).
- Work collaboratively across departments to ensure that services are delivered in a well-integrated, effective and timely manner.
- Participate on college-wide committees and work groups as appropriate.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years' progressively responsible experience in a Registrar's Office required.
- Strong technical experience managing data, creating reports, and analyzing data, including experience with a reporting tool such as InfoMaker required.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Proven ability to assess and implement new and emerging technologies.
- High level proficiency with Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Organizational, interpersonal, and problem-solving abilities are a must.
- Ability to interpret complex policies and operational protocols and make decisions related to individual circumstances.
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - ASR1
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer