Assistant Coach for Women’s Basketball
Description of Job
Edgewood College seeking a qualified candidate for the position of Assistant Coach for the Women’s Basketball program. This is a ten-month position with optional full tuition waiver for Graduate level courses (18 credit hours per year) and small stipend.
Applicants should be in a position to start effective August 16, 2022.
- Game preparation
- Ability to participate in practice and drills
- Individual workouts with players
- Instruction and assistance with two weeks of summer basketball camp
- Game film study and preparation
- Game day meal planning and organization
- Investment in lives and growth of student-athletes
- Assisting head coach in all phases of student-athlete mentoring and evaluation
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Previous coaching experience required.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Candidates should also have collegiate playing experience, and advanced skill and/or teaching/coaching experience.
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - ACWB
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer