Adult and Graduate Admissions Counselor/Assistant Director of Adult and Graduate Admissions
Description of Job
The Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions is responsible for meeting adult and graduate new student enrollment goals. This position develops and implements adult and graduate recruitment plans in collaboration with Enrollment Management Leadership and executes the student recruitment strategy set by the Associate Vice President for Adult and Graduate Enrollment. The Assistant Director of Adult and Graduate Admissions acts as the admissions counselor for assigned programs while also coordinating business to business outreach efforts with the goal of establishing new partnership pipelines for Edgewood College.
This position allows for potential remote work and/or a hybrid work environment. The incumbent must reside or be willing to relocate to one of the following states upon hire: Wisconsin, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, South Carolina, Texas, or Virginia.
- Execute strategies for building the funnel at each stage including increasing inquiries, applicants, and admits.
- Identify barriers or challenges that do not align with an exceptional prospective student experience and collaborate with Enrollment Management Leadership to reduce or eliminate these barriers and challenges.
- Develop high-quality information sessions, organize recruitment events, and other activities to connect with, engage, and inform future students.
- Maintain student record data integrity at all times
- Exhibit exceptional interpersonal skills both in person and in phone conversations
- Ability to communicate the value of an Edgewood College education to prospective students in an impactful way
- Incumbent must thrive in a fast-paced environment where success is defined by quantified territory goals
- Attend regular school and program functions including, but not limited to, faculty meetings and retreats and other meetings deemed necessary.
- Provide regular feedback to supervisor and Marketing department on the quality level of student interactions
- Work closely with other student support offices on campus to ensure a positive and seamless student experience at every point in the student’s enrollment process
- Maintain a thorough knowledge about supported academic programs and Edgewood College’s differentiators and key selling points by meeting with all the program leads and marketing on a regular basis.
- Development a strong understanding of the health care and business industry in order to speak to prospective students needs and wants.
- Develop effective partnerships internally with the staff and faculty.
- Network and travel regionally to build and/or expand on existing beneficial relationships with students, parents, alumni, educators, corporations, and other targeted individuals and audiences. Support existing strategic partnerships and assist in the establishment of new partnerships.
- Build effective external partnerships by being physically present in most Dane County and surrounding area clinics, hospitals, school districts and technical colleges that serve as key feeders for Edgewood College.
- Identify target markets and community partnerships through market research, data analysis, and relationship cultivation to build successful new graduate enrollment pipelines.
- Participate in fairs and new student orientations. Provide regular contact and follow-up services for community outreach. Develop relationships between Edgewood College and the wider community. Facilitate development, implementation, and annual assessment of recruitment plan for respective programs.
- Administration (continuous)- Maintain complete records of activities. Collaborate with staff to help attain common goals through participation in meetings, project teams, training, and planning activities.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience working within a college or university setting is a plus
- Background in sales or recruitment (desired)
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Good communication and presentation skills with an ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines that change rapidly
- Ability to effectively lead staff and students
- Ability to work with diverse populations
Required Technical Skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint
- Must be willing to learn Slate and other internal data management tools
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references in a combined PDF format to:
Human Resources - ADTG
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer