Adjunct Instructor/Supervisor–Education (General Call)
Description of Job
Edgewood College seeks adjunct instructors to teach and/or supervise undergraduate and/or graduate level teaching candidates for teaching licensure programs in the following areas: Student Teaching Supervision (especially in the area of bilingual education); Special Education; Elementary Education Courses (Child & Adolescent Development; Integrative Classroom Environments; Science Methods; and Social Studies Methods); Advanced Literacy Instruction Courses (Approaches to Literacy and Diversity, Culture & Literacy) and Secondary Education (Secondary Literacy).
Adjunct instructors are responsible for course planning and instruction in classroom or other settings such as on-line and/or blended formats. Duties include a flexible schedule of course meetings that may include teaching during days, evenings or weekends. In addition, adjunct faculty are responsible for student evaluation, and submission of required paperwork related to instruction within expected timelines.
- Plan and teach courses, and facilitate student learning in assigned classes according to the College’s core values and the Division of Education vision to create equity in education.
- Revise and distribute a course syllabus in alignment with the course description, including course requirements and grading criteria.
- Maintain student attendance and grading records according to College policy
- Collaborate with Division of Education faculty and staff to provide consistent, effective learning and support for students.
- Monitor, assess, and support student performance, and advise students on academic issues as needed.
- Keep current in research and practice related to program content
- Maintain confidentiality relating to student matters.
- Comply with college policies and guidelines.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Master’s Degree in the content area required, Ph.D. preferred
- Teaching experience in K-12 education required; for supervisors, minimum of three years of teaching experience and licensure in area of supervision required
- Successful teaching in higher education setting preferred
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to plan for and deliver quality instruction
- Ability to organize and conduct classroom interactions effectively
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in the use of technology, electronic learning systems, and online instruction
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter with a subject line indicating the specific position(s) for which you are applying, resume, and references to:
Human Resources –AISE
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer