Adjunct Instructor for Psychology
Description of Job
The Psychology Department at Edgewood College seeks an adjunct instructor to teach PSY 350: Drugs and Behavior for the Spring 2024 semester.In PSY 350, students are provided with an overview of the ways that substance use impacts individuals, families, and society. Various models of abuse and addiction are discussed with an emphasis on the Biopsychosocial model.
- Plan and teach this course, and facilitate student learning.
- Revise and distribute a course syllabus in alignment with the course description, including course requirements, and grading criteria using Edgewood College’s syllabus template.
- Maintain and submit grading records according to College policy.
- Comply with college policies and guidelines.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Relevant Graduate level work in Psychology/related field; Graduate degree in Psychology/related field preferred.
- Ideally has college-level instructional experience in this course or similar.
- Candidates must demonstrate commitment to teaching excellence with a focus on student learning through active and applied strategies.
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - ADIP
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer