Adjunct Instructor – Criminal Justice
Description of Job
- Plan and teach the course and facilitate student learning.
- Carry out Assessment of Student Learning Outcomes after completion of instructing the course
- Revise and distribute a course syllabus in alignment with the course description, including course requirements, and grading criteria using Edgewood College’s syllabus template.
- Maintain and submit student attendance and grading records according to College policy.
- Comply with all college policies and guidelines.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Masters, and/or Doctorate in Sociology, Criminal Justice, or Criminology. A JD/law degree is also acceptable.
- Candidates with previous college-level instructional experience preferred.
- Candidates must demonstrate commitment to teaching excellence with a focus on student learning through engaging activities both in, and outside, of the classroom.
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Candidates should submit a letter of interest explaining how your education, previous work experience, and/or previous teaching experience qualifies you to teach the Criminology in-person course Spring 2023. Candidates should also submit a CV/Resume with the contact information for 3 professional references.
Human Resources –CRJS
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer