Adjunct Instructor - Psychology
Description of Job
The Psychology Department at Edgewood College seeks adjunct instructor(s) to teach Psy 300: Psychology of Personality and/or Psy 340: Psychopathology.
In Psy 300, students will receive an introduction to major theories and empirical research in the field of personality psychology. Topics include the dynamics, structure, and assessment of personality, as well as personality development and change. Biological and socio-cultural influences on personality will be considered.In Psy 340, students will be introduced to a wide range of psychological disorders and conditions of psychopathology, along with contemporary treatment approaches. Students are introduced to historical and contemporary, accepted conceptualizations of psychopathology, the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM) and the basis of diagnosis and classification of psychopathology. In addition, where applicable critical thinking, multicultural, legal, and ethical issues involved in the field are also addressed.
- Plan and teach courses, and facilitate student learning.
- Revise and distribute a course syllabus in alignment with the course description, including course requirements, and grading criteria using Edgewood College’s syllabus template.
- Maintain and submit student attendance and grading records according to College policy.
- Comply with college policies and guidelines.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Master’s degree in Psychology/related field required; Ph.D. preferred.
- Ideally has college-level instructional experience in these courses.
- Candidates must demonstrate commitment to teaching excellence with a focus on student learning through active and applied strategies.
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - APSC
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer