Accounts Payable Associate (Part-Time)
Description of Job
This is a twelve-month, part-time position (50%) which works physically in the Business Office. This dynamic opportunity directly impacts many areas of the College campus. The Accounts Payable Specialist provides support to several functions within the Business Office. These functions include accounts payable, customer service and cash receipting. It is also responsible for managing voicemail, email correspondence, updating forms, and communications to faculty, staff and vendors.
- Review all invoices for appropriate back up documentation and budget officer approval and adherence to college policies and procedures.
- Accurate entry of invoices.
- Set up of vendor information and continual review including correct vendor remittance address.
- Process weekly accounts payable check batch and check processing.
- Monitor outstanding vendor invoices/credit memos by reviewing vendor statements and communicating with vendors.
- Review all vendors to ensure accurate W-9 on file.
- Scan and index W-9s in Feith document storage system.
- Review monthly credit card statements for appropriate back up documentation, budget officer approval and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Maintain accounts payable records and files including oversight on filing of invoices.
- Review all accounts payable entries for 1099 MISC reporting and for International Travel for 990 reporting.
- Perform Cash receipting and cash handling.
- Assist faculty and staff with questions concerning outstanding invoices, payments issued and budget charges.
- Point of contact for faculty, staff, students concerning questions on accounting and student billing.
- Explain policies and procedures.
- Provide welcoming environment to students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Participate in process improvement initiatives.
- Perform other duties as requested, delegated or assigned.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or three years of administrative work experience preferred
- Data entry experience in financial software
- At least 2 years of experience in customer service with the ability to react to customers quickly, accurately, and compassionately
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team member
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make independent decisions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to adapt to and welcome interruptions in a positive and friendly manner
- Cash handling experience
Required Technical Skills
- Overall Proficient skill-level in Microsoft Office, which includes: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and basic computer concepts
- Experience with Jenzabar J1 Desktop and J1 Web is preferred
- Knowledge of SharePoint preferred
- Willingness and ability to learn new software
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - APPT
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer