Academic Evaluation Specialist and Departmental Liaison
Description of Job
- HLC Coordinator
- General Education Program Evaluation
- Process Management for Academic Affairs
- Consume data output from data models and analyzes for Academic Affair needs.
- Works with data modeler to identify institutional reporting needs.
- Works with departments to help them understand data availability and output.
Necessary Education or Work Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution. Master’s Degree preferred.
- At least three years of research and analysis experience in a work setting is preferred.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Possess a strong customer service attitude and demonstrate flexibility, tact, patience, and respect in working with faculty, staff, administration, and students.
- Have working understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Possess an attention to detail, and be able to provide accurate and reliable work.
- Possess technical skills for using Excel, Word, and PowerPoint for organizing and presenting finding.
- Be willing to learn the College’s student information system and how to use tools for generating reports from the system.
- Knowledge of FERPA and record of maintaining confidentiality of student records.
- Be able to work independently with minimum supervision and possess excellent project management skills with the ability to coordinate with individuals from other areas to accomplish required tasks and objectives.
- Have strong project leadership, organizational, and communication skills as part of a collaborative educational environment.
- Ability to communicate across faculty, staff, and student populations; willingness to attend faculty or student meetings, including those scheduled after hours.
- Have a desire and willingness to develop professionally and to keep current on best practices in assessment; there is expected overnight (multi-day) travel to professional conferences.
Required Technical Skills
- Knowledge of student information systems; Jenzabar One, preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of spreadsheets, document creators, and databases.
Edgewood College, a Catholic college sponsored by the Dominican Sisters of Sinsinawa, is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence - the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources - ASDL
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer