Creative Marketing and Communications Specialist
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Edgewood College is seeking a Creative Marketing and Communications Specialist to contribute to the implementation of Edgewood College's strategy, enhancing and promoting the Edgewood College brand, and increasing graduate and undergraduate enrollment. Reporting to the Executive Director of Marketing and Strategic Communications, the Creative Marketing and Communications Specialist will serve as an integral member of the marketing and strategic communications team. This position will support the College’s marketing and communications strategy by working with stakeholders to produce high-quality marketing materials, website and social media content, and feature articles. We are seeking someone who is:
- An innovative thinker
- An independent worker
- Able to thrive in a busy and deadline-driven environment
- Excited to multi-task
The Creative Marketing and Communications Specialist will be primarily responsible for strengthening and bringing greater visibility to the Edgewood College brand by:
- Working with the Executive Director to develop and execute broad-based marketing and communications plans for the various College programs.
- Contributing to and executing a social media strategy and plan.
- Identifying and vetting new marketing opportunities and ideas for generating new student enrollments.
- Assisting with the creation and production of promotional materials for Edgewood College, while adhering to allocated budget and program timelines. This includes print, email, social media and electronic materials.
- Updating the Edgewood College website on a regular basis.
- Writing and editing content for publications, newsletters, and web pages in collaboration with the Marketing and Strategic Communications team.
- Proofreading documents for accuracy and formatting.
- Assisting in the implementation of media relations goals for the College by helping to promote programs, campus and community events, and other institutional initiatives.
- Assisting with analyzing marketing data (reviewing campaign results, conversion rates, traffic etc.) to help shape future marketing strategies.
- Taking photos of events that can be used on the College’s social media pages and website.
- Representing Edgewood College at conferences and trade shows when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, journalism, business or a related field
- Minimum 2 years marketing and/or communications experience
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability to manage and integrate multiple social media channels
- Strong experience using Web Site Content Management System software (Sitefinity, WordPress, DotNetNuke, Drupal, Joomla! or similar program)
- Knowledge of Web analytics
- Experience with Photoshop, email editing software (Mail Chimp, IContact, Fire Engine Red, or similar program), and social media platforms
- Excellent interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated creativity and ability to handle multiple projects while meeting concurrent deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain strong and collaborative working relationships with key constituencies
- Knowledge of web-based marketing tools and content management systems
- Organized and detail oriented
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To ensure consideration, please submit application materials by September 29, 2017.
To apply: Send cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – CMCS
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer