DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Edgewood College is seeking a part-time (20 hours) Concert Manager.
The Concert Manager coordinates all Music Department functions requiring student personnel or Music Department equipment, including, but not limited to, rehearsals, concert set up and tear down, scheduling student workers and concert and recital audio and video recordings. Additionally, The Concert Manager will manage the archiving of all library collections, including orchestral, band, choral, jazz and chamber music collections, as well as department archival recording, including supervising and mentoring of student workers within such parameters. The successful applicant will work closely with the Music Department Chair and ensemble conductors to coordinate the department’s concert series, including, but not limited to: concert and rehearsal logistics, off-site concert logistics and transportation. The Concert Manager maintains and tracks the Music Department’s inventories, including percussion equipment and electronics, library holdings, as well as others.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Effectively coordinate student work force
- Coordinate all logistics of rehearsals and concert, including set ups and tear downs.
- In cooperation with the Chairperson, coordinate all off-campus activities of the Music Department, including off campus concerts, conventions, tours, etc.
- Supervise cataloging and archiving of library holdings for the Music Department, including both sheet music collections and archival recordings.
- Coordinate the audio and video recordings of recitals and concerts, as well as digital editing and archiving of same.
- Work closely with ensemble conductors to coordinate dress rehearsals and concerts.
- Work closely with Administrative Assistant to coordinate distribution of PR materials and programs for recitals and concerts.
Necessary Education of Work Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Music desired
Required knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Knowledge of instrumental and vocal ensembles
- Knowledge of score order of standard and atypical ensemble works and music terminology
- Knowledge of digital recording hardware and software.
- The candidate must be available to work some nights and during concert weekends
- The employee must be able to lift and carry up to 35 pounds on a regular basis, and up to 70 pounds periodically with the assistance of another employee.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – COMA
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer