Clinical Specialist – Family Center
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
The Family Center is a State Certified Outpatient Mental Health Clinic and a training site for second year graduate students from the Marriage and Family Therapy graduate program and post-degree residents, as well as social work and nursing students from Edgewood College. The Clinical Specialist is to assist the Director in the day-to-day operations of The Family Center and be available for daily questions, concerns and on-site supervision, as well as assist in the evaluation the clinic and the quality of services provided.
- Responsible for providing weekly individual and bi-weekly group supervision for 2nd year graduate students (Interns) in the Marriage and Family Therapy graduate program and post graduate Residents.
- Attend Supervisors’ meeting twice a month (1-2 hours per month). Discuss supervisee issues at clinic. Take the minutes for the meeting.
- Provide supervision for crisis phone at least once a month.
- Regular contact (weekly with interns, and biweekly with residents) to monitor case loads, availability, client hours and other issues as they arise.
- Provide live supervision or be co-therapist in session with students, as requested or needed.
- Assist students and residents with maintaining files per the state and HIPAA standards and signing off on all required paperwork.
- Manage clinic in the absence of Director
- Act as Clerk of Records ensuring that all records are up-to-date, inactive files are removed and all clinicians are provided with a list of records to be updated or closed as needed.
- Conduct and/or supervise 90 day audits (4 times per year) of all Family Center client files.
- Maintain on-call crisis schedule and assign people if necessary.
- Maintain up to date availability of all clinicians.
- Process agency’s income and monthly invoice for Residents.
- Prepare client information for billing and/or do billing as needed.
- Manage the storage and maintenance of records.
- Conduct Client Satisfaction Survey’s every 90 days and report results to the Clinic Director
- Assess (ICR/ ICRE) for appropriateness for our agency.
- Assign clients based on issue, schedule, availability and appropriate match with clinician.
- Assign co-therapists as needed.
- Provide referrals when necessary.
- Supervise interns providing services for Urgent Care
- Manage the day-to-day activities of Urgent Care
- Assess Urgent Care clients for appropriateness for services and assign as necessary.
- Train new interns on paperwork, policy and procedure at the clinic, and file creation
- Train work study people.
Meetings / Events
- Attend community networking opportunities as they arise.
- Take minutes for faculty meeting’s
- Provide necessary items for faculty meetings, trainings, and receptions.
- Maintain clinic supply inventory and order/purchase supplies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- LMFT in WI (or licensed eligible within one year of hire)
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor or Supervisor Candidate in Training
- MA/Medicare provider status desirable, but not required
- 1-year clinical experience
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of family systems theories/foundational models
- Computer proficiency (MS Word, Excel, etc)
Edgewood College, an Equal Opportunity Employer, is committed to academic excellence through diversity in its faculty, staff, and students. Candidates must demonstrate multicultural competence — the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways. Applicants from traditionally underrepresented populations including women and racial and ethnic minorities are especially encouraged to apply. The selected candidate must actively support the mission of the College by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values — truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – CLSP
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer