Academic Records Specialist (Part-Time)
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
Edgewood College is seeking a part-time, 20 hours/week, Academic Records Specialist.
This position directly impacts student service and is the first point of customer contact for the Registrar’s Office. This position involves maintaining and producing student academic records, and providing counseling to resolve both simple and complex questions with only minimal supervisory guidance. This position has a direct impact on the integrity of the institution’s permanent academic records.
Serve as primary point contact for all Registrar’s Office questions and procedures.
- Answer student questions regarding registration for classes and add/drop activity via phone, email, or in-person.
- Process a variety of forms related to students’ registration. This involves being cognizant of all enrollment and financial deadlines for every type of student to ensure that transactions are processed correctly.
- Partner with college colleagues to resolve student issues as needed.
- Accurately process and send official student transcripts.
- Adhere to FERPA (Family Education and Privacy Act) regulations in all job aspects.
- Use independent and professional judgment and pro-active problem solving for decisions related to late registration fees, student enrollment issues, and account and registration holds. Identify common issues for students and develop procedures for resolving them.
- Research and analyze current processes and continuously improve services to students in all areas represented by the Registrar’s Office.
- Perform and analyze data audits, record updates and troubleshoot solutions for data issues.
- Request files for former students from our off-campus storage site.
- Verify enrollments and degrees for outside agencies & loan deferments.
- Provide general office support, including scheduling staff meetings, ordering supplies, and equipment maintenance.
- Provide assistance with day-to-day processing for Registrar’s Office coworkers as needed.
- Perform independent special projects and provide assistance for day-to-day processing in all areas of the Registrar’s Office as needed.
Necessary Education or Work Experience:
- Associate’s degree or three years of administrative work experience required
- At least 2 years of experience in customer service with the ability to react to customers quickly, accurately, and compassionately
- Student registration experience preferred
- Preference for a bilingual candidate with the ability to write and speak in Spanish proficiently Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Multicultural Competence – the awareness, knowledge, and skills needed to work with others who are culturally different from self in meaningful, relevant, and productive ways
- Proven ability to work effectively as a team member
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and make independent decisions
- Must be able to attend Office of the Registrar functions off campus and work weekends/evenings as required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
Required Technology Skills:
- Overall Proficient skill-level in Microsoft Office, which includes: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, and basic computer concepts
- Experience with Jenzabar EX is preferred
- Willingness and ability to learn new software
The candidate must actively support the mission of the college by working with faculty, staff and students to share in our core values - truth, compassion, justice, partnership, and community.
Candidates who apply by June 28th will be given first consideration. This position requires 20 hours per week, preferably mornings. Schedule may be flexible depending on candidate availability between the hours of 8:00AM and 4:30PM, Monday-Friday
To apply: Send a cover letter, resume, and references to:
Human Resources – ACRS
1000 Edgewood College Drive
Madison, WI 53711
Equal Opportunity Employer